Our scented candles are made by hand in our farmhouse kitchen just outside the whitewashed village of Álora in Andalusia, Spain.
They are made from a blend of refined vegetable and mineral wax, which combines the benefits of a clean burn with a strong, long-lasting scent throw (they even smell great when they’re not lit). Our wax blend also has the benefit of being vegan as, unlike some soy waxes, no animal products are used during its refinement process. We also use eco-friendly wax wicks with a paper core.
We make our candles in small batches to ensure a fragrance balance that lasts through to the very last burn, poured by hand to ensure an even surface.
We’re ethically aware and the blend of wax, fragrance and essential oils that we use in our handmade candles and home fragrances are all certified as Cruelty-Free and are vegan friendly.
You can find our range of Finca Gran Cerros scented candles in our online gift shop.
How to Burn a Candle Safely
We want to make sure that all of our customers are safe and happy, so before using one of our handmade scented candles, please take a moment to read the candle safety information below.
When burning your Finca Gran Cerros candle for the very first time, we recommend burning it for between 2 and 4 hours to ensure a strong, wide, ‘pool’ of melted wax. This minimises the chance of ‘tunnelling’ that can leave un-melted wax around the edge of your candle, meaning that it lasts longer.
- Never use the lid as a coaster
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire
- Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at any one time
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets
- Trim the wick to 5mm each time before burning (long or crooked wicks can cause a candle to burn unevenly or to flare, burning with a flame that’s too high)
- If your candle’s flame is too high, extinguish the candle, allow it to cool and re-trim the wick to 5mm before relighting
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface to help prevent possible heat damage to furniture
- Keep the melted ‘wax pool’ clear of any wick trimmings, matches or other debris at all times
- Avoid drafts to prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting or potential dripping
- Never burn the candle for more than 4 hours continually
- Never touch or move a burning candle and never move a votive or container candle when the wax is still liquid
- Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting it
How to use a Wax Melt Safely
Our wax melts are for use in wax warmers (rather than oil burners). Place only the wax melt in the clean, empty wax warmer bowl.
Never add oil or water.
Heat with a single (4 hour burn tealight). Once the fragrance has ended, wait for the wax to cool and harden. Remove from the warmer and dispose of in household waste. Never pour melted wax down the sink!
Allergies and reactions
All relevant CLP (Classification, Labelling and Packaging) safety, allergen and ingredient information can be found on each product’s label and also on each specific product’s ‘additional information’ on our website.
If you do suffer from allergies please read all the relevant information before purchasing or burning one of our products.
If you have an allergic reaction, injury or accident seek relevant medical advice ASAP.