FINCA GRAN CERROS
The closest airport to us is Málaga (AGP), just 45km away. It’s around 45 minutes drive and there are numerous hire car operators at the airport.
An airport licensed taxi from the large taxi rank at the airport is approx €70.
A private transfer, booked in advance with a local diver in Álora, is around €50 – and if you’d like to use that option, let us know in advance and we can provide details for you to book the service direct.
There is also a train service from Málaga airport to Álora station, which is only a 10-15 minute taxi ride away.
Guests who prefer to arrive by train may take the train between Málaga Airport and Álora station, which is only a 10-15 minute taxi ride away.
The train journey takes around 45 minutes and includes one change at ‘Malaga Victoria Kent station’, which just involves crossing the platform!
The journey costs less than €8 each way.
Check the RNFE train operator website for the timetable and prices.
Let us know in advance if you’re planning to arrive by train as we may be able to pick you up from the station.
We recommend using Google Maps to find us – our ‘pin’ is directly on top of us!
Just search ‘Finca Gran Cerros’ on Google Maps or click: https://g.page/fincagrancerros
From the South (Malaga)
We’re only 1.5km from the A343 ‘A road’ and recommend using the A357 to reach the A343.
- Stay on the A343 until you pass the green km36 roadside marker on the right.
- Straight after this, carry on the A343 over a small bridge and past an old metal bus shelter on the right.
- Almost immediately, turn off the A343 at the small right fork over the dry river bed (a concrete road).
- Carry on through the olive groves for 1.5km, heading up the hill, over two speed bumps – and then a sharp dip
- You’ll see an orange villa ‘Casa Alonso’ on your right.
- Our property is the next one past this, again on the right. There is a Finca Gran Cerros sign at the end of our drive.
- Turn right in-front of the sign and you’ll find a guest parking area for 4 cars half way down the drive on the left.
From the North (Antequera, Granada, Cordoba, Ronda etc)
As you near us, your sat nav is likely to try and bring you ‘cross country’. The route is scenic, but not for the fainthearted! We’d recommend remaining on the main road (A343) until just before km 36 and following the directions above.
WARNING! – From Álora or El Chorro/Caminito del Rey
Depending on your starting point, your sat nav and Google Maps may offer you a route that includes the MA447.
There is a bridge missing, so do not take a route that includes the MA447. Although locals do still drive across the river if the water is low enough, it’s not worth the risk of having to turn around!
Instead, from Álora, take the A7077 and then A343, or from El Chorro/Caminito del Rey, we recommend the A357 and A343 – and follow the directions above.
The GPS co-ordinates are: 36.888689, -4.666861
Some car Sat Navs don’t always cope well with rural locations, so if you are in any doubt, just give us a call on +34 711 00 68 66 and we’ll help guide you in.
FINCA GRAN CERROS'